Family Medicine Jobs in Tennessee
Thursday · April 19, 2018
1 Job in The Volunteer State
Photo: Gatlinburg at night, insulated by the Smoky Mountains.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Manchester) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness,medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice experience,.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency.
- If less than 3 years' experience, proactively engages in mentoring, and coaching, from another provider within QuadMed.
- Bilingual English-Spanish may be preferred depending on HWC demographics.
- Experience working with pediatric patients may be preferred depending on the HWC demographic.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Manchester, TN.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency.
- This will be determined by need, geography and physician utilization.
- While complying with QuadMed policy and practices.
- Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, Consulting and collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Provides comprehensive clinical patient care through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs.
- Actively engages in quality improvement, leadership and compliance.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Active Board certification or eligibility required.
- This physician will focus on prevention and wellness, as well as evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting.
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in electronic communication.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition, with documentation in the medical record.
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA registration.
- CPR with BLS Certification.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
- As a QuadMed physician, this person may assume the role of Oversight Physician to support APPs in the QM system.
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associate benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of expertise.
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed.
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served.
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based care and best clinical practice.
- Under the supervision of a physician, performs professional medical work in the history taking, examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations.
- Performs testing, referral to physicians as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention.
- Examines and diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans.
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text.
- If less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching, from another provider if assigned.
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff.
- QuadMed is currently seeking a part time Family Medicine Physician for our Health and Wellness Center in Manchester, TN.
- Experience with an EMR preferred.
- As a QuadMed representative, in partnership with the Client (employer sponsor), the physician may be utilize in presenting and speaking to client as a QM leader at the clinical level.
- Advocate for clinical quality improvement in the HWC.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago