Family Medicine Jobs in Tennessee
Thursday · April 19, 2018
1 Job in The Volunteer State
Photo: Gatlinburg at night, insulated by the Smoky Mountains.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Birmingham) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
- Outpatients include both scheduled and unscheduled veterans.
- Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (Edrp).
- Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
- Participation is based on funds availability.
- He or she is to provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis work-up and clinic intervention, including comprehensive patient assessment, health history, physical examination, and patient education to veterans in the Primary Care Team setting.
- Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Positions are located at their Anniston/Oxford and Jasper, AL Community Based Outpatient Clinics (Cboc).
- For residents, graduation from an approved medical school.
- Board certification or board eligible in Internal Medicine/ Primary Care/ or Family Medicine.
- Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
- The Birmingham, AL VA Medical Center is searching for a BE/BC Family Medicine/Internal Medicine Physician to join their dynamic healthcare team.
- Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentives may be authorized.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- This is a full-time position.
- The Primary Care physician works as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team, collaborating with other members of the team to provide medical care to veterans enrolled on the team.
- Physical Standards: All applicants must meet the physical requirements established for this position.
- Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- All applicants must be board certified or board eligible.
- Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
- Citizenship: Citizen of the United States (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Birmingham, AL.
- Preferred Experience.
- Salary Range: Up to $225k per year.
- No after-hours.
- Licensure: A Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life.
- Background in on-going out-patient primary care clinics.
- The physician is expected to demonstrate advance competencies and skills in assessing the physical and psychosocial status of patients and family members, play an active role in the multidisciplinary health care team, promote preventive health measures and manage the acute and chronic conditions of his/her assigned panel of patients.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago