Family Medicine Jobs in Tennessee
Saturday · February 16, 2019
1 Job in The Volunteer State
Photo: Gatlinburg at night, insulated by the Smoky Mountains.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may be required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise.
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care.
- And provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- 3-5 years experience in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings, primary care or emergency medicine or board eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure.
- Current certification in AHA or ARC basic life support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Works in tandem with health center manager/supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Less paperwork and administration time.
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Maryville, TN.
- What makes a Premise Health Medical Director role unique?
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located.
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center.
- Occupational health, primary care, pharmacy/PC integration, integrative medicine, etc.
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and Osha regulations.
- Denso is Maryville, TN's largest employer, and the city boasts a low cost of living, excellent school systems, is located close to metro Knoxville, and is the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the health center manager/supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site.
- Minimum Educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or Abms.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Premise Health is seeking a Medical Director to provide primary care and clinical leadership at our state of the art on-site outpatient clinic at Denso Corp in Maryville, TN!
- 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment.
- A work life balance that is not just promised.
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient.
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the health center manager.
- Educates and advises on medical issues as needed.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago